About Me

My photo
Okanagan, Canada
Just a city girl in a small town with inky fingers and a creative heart.Born in the wrong era, passionate about days gone by,inspired each day by my family and everything that life throws my way.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fa La La La....Arggghhh!

I've been hosting an all day Christmas card making event for quite a few years now.  It's a full day of holiday spirit, creativity, food and friends.  I  love doing this class!  It's not about making money or teaching technique or getting "my name out there".  It's more about giving something back to those who I work and play with all year.  This year I have fifteen ladies joining me next Sunday and that day is going to be amazing!  However...the downside of fifteen people and a twenty card creative day is the prep...for three hundred cards! Sheesh!  My living room has been overtaken by paper, ribbon, buttons and ink, ink, ink!  It has the distinct look of Santa's workshop with only one slightly exhausted, over worked elf ha ha!  I always end up making a few more difficult to prep cards while I'm designing this class.  I always convince myself that the prep won't be all that bad..."they're just snowflakes, right?"  Until I have to punch out, die cut, paper trim eight million of them!!!  I never learn and I honestly wouldn't do it any other way. The biggest problem I have during prep time for this class is the inspiration I get!  Problem?  How can that be a problem you say...?  I get inspired and have to drop everything to create something else!  It makes for a very long prepping process to say the least.  I may sound like I'm complaining but really I'm not...I just shake my head at myself sometimes. Oh the holidays for a creative person....
I thought I would share with you a creative distraction that I did yesterday...perhaps as centerpieces for our tables on Sunday.  Tim Holtz....I love you and your lantern die!


Thanks for taking a peek!

Miss.C

No comments:

Post a Comment