About Me

My photo
Okanagan, Canada
Just a city girl in a small town with inky fingers and a creative heart.Born in the wrong era, passionate about days gone by,inspired each day by my family and everything that life throws my way.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Put your best foot forward...



If only we could always wake up each morning and follow this sentiment.  Some days just putting one foot in front of the other is difficult ha ha!  This card is my entry for the "As You See It Challenge #4."  



I had so much fun colouring these witches boots! I tried a bit of a different colouring technique to push myself to colour out of the box.  I always tend to blend with my Copics and sometimes I lose the contrast of the image. I really wanted these images to have a painters feel to the colours...not sure if I achieved quite what I wanted but its a start.  This challenge was a bit difficult for me because my cards tend to be pretty busy and this layout was nice and simple. I dug deep into my Halloween stash to find some We R Memory Keepers papers to co ordinate nicely with this Stampendous stamp I borrowed from a friend.  I love friends who love to shop and enjoy the holidays like I do.  The sentiment is from the Close to my Heart "Wicked" stamp set.  I am making some more cards with that set pronto! Short and sweet today... thanks for stopping by.

Miss. C

3 comments:

  1. Miss Cherry, I love your blog design! and those boots are "made for walkin'"! I think you totally captured the painter's look! Great job, and thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love how you've colored the boots. They definitely the focal point. Thanks for playing along with us at AYSI Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love the painted effect of your watercolouring - fantastic job! Hope you will play along again this week!

    ReplyDelete